Our cliente is an international company global leader in color and specialty chemicals.
Reporting to the Head of R&D Paper OBAs and Dyes, the R&D Laboratory Technician will perform the bellow activities:
- Synthesize new organic products in the areas of dyes and optical brighteners for the paper and textile industry.
- Develop aqueous formulations of new products.
- Optimize lab processes according to our market requirements.
- Contribute to development of product specifications.
- Prepare and support new or established technologies for commercial products and processes that may include scale-up evaluations (up to 20Kg) and analytical measurements (UV-Vis spectrophotometry, titration, high-performance liquid chromatography)
- Ensure traceability and reproducibility of lab results.
- Manage the chemical inventory, labeling and registering electronically raw materials, and lab simples.
- Keep accurate and detailed laboratory records
- Write technical reports
- Work in a fast paced, results-oriented team environment
- Keep proper maintenance/operational safety of lab equipment
- Work safely and promote a safe work environment.
- Technical college with chemical laboratory specialization or bachelor's degree in chemistry.
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated experience in chemical synthesis.
- High degree of technical competence.
- English fluently written/spoken is a must.
- Experience with reactors up to 20Kg, automatize reactor, pressurized reactor and HPLC equipment will be a plus.
- Excellent time-management skills
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving ability
- Strong analytical and structural skills